Mark Your Calendar!
Hampton Elementary Annual Fun Run
Friday, October 6th
WHAT IS THE FUN RUN?
The Fun Run is the main PTA fundraiser of the year. Students walk/run laps outside the school to upbeat music with their fellow students.
WHY DO WE DO IT?
100% of the money raised will be used this year for classroom enrichment, school assemblies, field trips, and to pay for numerous other classroom costs that benefit the students at Hampton.
HOW DO STUDENTS PARTICIPATE?
Students collect donations to sponsor their run and raise money for the school. On the day of the Fun Run they will walk/run laps for 15 minutes with their fellow students. After the event, they turn in their donations to their teacher. Students can earn individual and classroom prizes. Donations are due by Friday, November 10th.
HOW DO PARENTS AND GUARDIANS PARTICIPATE?
We need everyone’s support! This is the primary school fundraiser of the year. The more money we raise; the more we can do at the school. Our goal is to raise $12,000! We know we can do it!
Before the event, parents and guardians need to:
· Order their child a classroom t-shirt. T-shirt orders are due Tuesday, September 26th.
· Sign up to volunteer at the event, if possible. Look for volunteer forms coming home soon. All volunteers must sign in and out at the front office the day of the event.
· And lastly, help your child collect donations. Please, do not send your child door-to-door to collect donations. Instead, ask for donations from your friends, coworkers, and family. A family can sponsor their own child with a donation as well.
The day of the event, we need parents and guardians to:
· Make sure their child is wearing their classroom t-shirt and gym shoes. They should be dressed for the weather that day. If it is raining, the event will take place in the gymnasium.
· Make sure their child has a bottle of water. Popsicles will be handed out after their run.
We look forward to a successful Fun Run! For more information, please contact Stacey Smith at Hamptonptafundraising@gmail.com.